Monday, August 11, 2008

I love being Italian!











First, let me ask....have you ever had homemade, fresh pasta? Well my friends, I made it for the first time on Saturday and it was so much fun! Not to mention so yummy good! The pictures are an example of how to start making the fresh pasta. All you need is flour, eggs, and a pinch of salt (and a handy duty pasta roller/cutter).

Our good friends at Delizie Italiane (in La Grange, Kentucky)had a cooking class not to long ago on how to make fresh pasta (specifically from the region of Napoli--where my mom is from) along with 3 wonderful sauces. Wow! I learned so much.

Well, Saturday, I treated my husband to an authentic Italian meal. Fresh homemade pasta (thanks Caroline for allowing me to borrow your pasta roller/cutter--you saved me so much time and frustration--bless you!!) and homemade Puttanesca sauce. I also made a fresh Italian salad that we had ate last.

It came out wonderful! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Brenda Jo said...

Save some for me... I'm coming over!