Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wow...the end of August..

I can't believe that the end of August is here. I truly thought that it was going to go at a snail's pace. Well, it didn't. :)

In the next couple of weeks, we should be hearing some adoption news. We are hoping and praying for GOOD news of course. News that would make us very happy. News that would tell us who our daughter is. I mean, I'm not being picky....am I?

On a sad note, we just found out that John's grandma has Multiple Myeloma. It's not looking too good for her right now. We are going to visit her over the weekend. She not only is suffering from this awful disease, she also has Alzheimer's. It's pretty bad. Everytime John's mom mentions his name, Grandma thinks he is still in grade school. Grandma is also the last living grandparent on John's side of the family--just so sad.

At church, we just finished a study on Ecclesiastes. Wow. Very timely. I highly recommend reading A Table in the Mist: Ecclesiastes Through New Eyes by Jeffrey Meyers. Good stuff.

If you think of it, please pray for John's family. Hopefully, I will be able to get some pictures of Grandma to post on our blog soon.

1 comment:

Donald Heavrin said...

Hi there, sweet lady! Fackler gave me your blog site so I can check updates on your quest for Lydia. I love checking in and seeing how you are doing. You guys are constantly in our prayers, so keep on blogging.

I had to use my boss' (Don Heavrin's) blogger account in order to leave a comment, because I don't have an account. That's why I'm showing up as Don. The e-mail address is mine, however.

Love, Chris Hodge