Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Aren't Pets Great?




After a long hard day, I come home and there are our two Russian Blues sitting on our bay window, hanging out checking out the scene. I walk up to the door and they notice me...I call their names...then they take off...I open the door and there they are...waiting for me to pet them. They do their usual belly-side-flop and do some kind of meow...and all is well in the world. :)
It is quite amazing how different my mood changed, even when just 5 minutes ago, I was almost ran over by a Cadillac on my way home.
They are just about 6 years old and we have had them about 3 months. We adopted them from a family locally and have enjoyed having them be a part of our family. Harlow is the one on the left and Lola is the one on the right. They are from the same litter and have never been split up. Lola is the playful one, while Harlow is the laid back one who probably thinks Lola is immature for wanting to play. They both love to snuggle with us and we believe they will be perfect when Lydia comes home to be with us. All I can say is that we are glad they are here with us.








No comments: