Monday, August 4, 2008

Could it be TODAY?

Whew! What a wonderful weekend! Our church, Community Presbyterian Church, put on a yard sale on Saturday to help with our adoption expenses. We are so grateful for their support, encouragement and prayers throughout this process. Well... (drum roll please) we raised $1,851.25 from the yard sale! Praise the Lord! John and I couldn't believe it! We were just overwhelmed!
As of Saturday (prior to the yard sale) our cost remaining was $6,300.00. We now have a balance of $4,448.75. The Lord has provided for us thus far and He has been so faithful. So, we continue to trust Him. May God be praised for what He has done!

In other news....today can be the day we receive our referral. That my friend is HARD to believe. In family worship this morning, we were praying that the Lord would make that happen today. Wow, that totally put me in shock mode because we have never been close enough to pray a prayer like that. Could it be today Lord? Could we find out after all this time who we have been praying for? To actually see her face? Our daughter.......thoughts like this overwhelm me and actually make me have some severe butterflies!

Who knows, there are rumors flying around that 2/9/2006 LID's are not in this batch of referrals. So, that could mean that our LID (2/6/2006) is in this batch?! All I do know is that it is in the Lord's hands. It has been all this time.

Hey, maybe I will be able post Lydia's picture later on this blog? We continue to pray....

5 comments:

Kimberly Dawn said...

I am so excited to hear that the yard sale was a huge success! There was so much to choose from and I am glad I got to be a part of that event with you and John. Becca and I can't wait to do these raffles for you, we think it's going to be a great success also!

Good luck with everything and please don't hesitate to ask for anything at all, especially babysitting!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like this is going to be "blow by blow". Didn't know you could do that with an adoption.

:-)

Praying for you...
Ted

Katie said...

Hooray for the Supers! I am over the moon for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you all had been waiting two years for me to go to China just so you could go there and pick me up! I feel so special.......oh wait.......did you say adopt? Lol, it is going to be so weird with another girl around here named Lydia, but I am happy to have a namesake (ok ok, so I know you didn't name her after me, but its fun to think so, me studying Chinese, her being Chinese, you know) God Bless, and remember, God's time is always the best time for everything to happen.

g'ma said...

We can't wait till you bring that little girl to the States. Remember it is all in God's timimg!! We love you both and we are praying for you and John and our grandbaby!! G'ma